A note from your favourite Vanna…
I remember growing up watching Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune; I thought her prospects were limited but her dresses were fabulous! Still, I thought to myself, one day, I too would find a reason to wear so many sequins.
Yet, life happened, apart from being “that girl” who overdresses for New Years, there are not too many places for sequins in everyday life.
Then in 2005, Show Tune Showdown was born; brainchild of Tone Cluster Tenor, Rob Bowman, also a Master of Fabulous. Suddenly the simple power of my board roles with Tone Cluster (that of voluminous emails and working with great folks) just weren’t enough. I needed more! more glitz! more sass! more Broadway!
Well with Show Tune Showdown I have found my niche:
- Fantastic performers with comedic, risqué and entertaining material, check.
- Celebrity judges with insight and connections, check.
- Wild emcee with off colour political humour, check.
- Community building with generous sponsors, check.
- An excuse to scour Ottawa’s thrift shops for sequins every year, check , check, check!
I couldn’t be happier to share some of that old Broadway magic and brightness!
Saturday 2019 April 13, Centrepointe Theatre, 8:00 pm.
…and of course a shout out to the other two favourite Vannas!
This year, the Vannas are wilder than ever and I can’t wait to show you!
President, Tone Cluster—quite a queer choir